Friday, May 30, 2008

Sometimes you just have to laugh!!!!After spilling a complete cup of coffee over the kitchen counter this week..I said Thank you Lord...It didn't go on the floor or on me. I don't know how I was so clumsy but I refilled the cup and went outside to have some devotional time with the Lord. I opend the book I was reading Experiencing His Presence by Thomas Tenney and the title of this day's study was "Do you know how to carry heaven's hot coffee?"...
God is amazing!!! I just laughed out loud again...it was like HE was sitting down beside me.

This now is a quote from that day..
"How do you carry the fresh encounter of God in your inward vessel? How does a church body guard the divine deposit from one worship experience to the next?
Walk carefully and be aware of His every movement in your heart..whether you are driving your car, leading worship, preaching a sermon, or bathing your baby, if you feel Him softly tap your shoulder, then "fold up the letter" and turn to look into His face. When He invades your empty space of hunger, turn to meet Him in your spirit. Answer His gentle summons as the young man Samuel did: he tentatively called out into the darkness of his empty room, "Speak, for You servant hears".

No comments: